Monday, May 12, 2014

A Favorite Quote

Wow! My first blog post ever. I hadn't foreseen this ever happening in my life. Then I woke up a couple of days ago and decided that it was time.

The first thing I want to share with you is this: One of my favorite quotes... and there are variations on it, but you will get the gist of it...

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

That has always inspired me, and it appears in print in my house on at least one knick-knack. So when I decided that life had handed me the inspiration and desire and opportunity to start a blog (a reason, if you will) I struggled with what to call it. I didn't want to be too mushy and "I'm so positive!" because sometimes I am, and sometimes I'm not. I don't want to sound all full of myself. Then I saw a quote on someone else's blog, and it clicked.

"How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain."

Love it. Love. Love. Love. Times are "rainy" sometimes. And you know what? That's okay. No one ever promised us a trouble-free life. And if we had one, we wouldn't even appreciate it. Because the tough times are what truly make us appreciate the wonderful times. And frankly, even the tough times have their incredible moments and aspects.

So go ahead. Accept the rain. Dance in it. Be thankful for it. But at the same time, keep looking for that rainbow. It's up there somewhere even if you just can't see it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment